Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Just Between You, Me, & God 4/16/2012

There is a show on TV called “Undercover Boss” that has a President, owner, or CEO of a company go out into the workforce with their employees to see exactly what is going on with them, the company as a whole, and how that all relates to their customers. In order to get the most honest responses, the boss has to wear some sort of disguise or look different from normal so that they can’t be recognized, then they are worked in as a trainee. Most of the encounters are pretty eye opening, from how little the executives know about how the basic jobs are done to how unrecognized the plight of the employees are to anyone outside their immediate sphere of workers. It’s pretty scary to see how simple some of the disguises are and that some probably don’t even need one. Communication flow up and down the ladder is rarely about peoples’ lives which leaves them with a feeling that nobody cares or that they personally just don’t matter in the whole scheme of things. When you stop to think about it, we all have an undercover boss and His name is Jesus. He is a boss who is in touch at all times and is aware of exactly what we are going through and how tough it can be and is willing to help. Look at Matt. 11:28-30, “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” He is well known by His people and they are protected by Him. John 10, 27-28, “My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand.” He is clear about what is most important. Luke 16:13, “No servant can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money.” He is clear in His directions and fair in His judgments and is righteous above all and, is forgiving to the repentant. If you don’t know Jesus as your boss, your Lord and Savior, then read the Bible, get to know Him, your eternal boss, Jesus Christ. God bless you for all you do, Pastor Dean.

Pastor Dean Hanssen is the Ministries & Community Outreach Pastor for LHF

No comments:

Post a Comment