Pages

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Every Life is Beautiful

Our Miracle Baby came to into this world on November 2, 2006, a sweet little girl with intense blue eyes.  My hand was the first thing her little fingers wrapped around as  I stood with our family looking through the glass at the first granddaughter.


Now let's jump back six years to a young newly-married couple living a typical college town in East Texas.  I had just taken my wife to see her "lady doctor."  I was a fish out of water in this place.  They had done blood tests and were talking with us about them.  My mind was spinning as I heard the doctor say things like "you will have to try drugs therapy, or adoption."  In short, we couldn't have kids..Now, to be blunt, I had thought to much about having kids; at that time I was more worried about grades, classes, and bills.  Something in you changes when hear those words--You're not supposed to have children.


Fast forward five years where we had relocated to Austin and had gotten involved in a small group for married couples.  Through working in the church kid ministry my wife and I had taken care of most of the couples' children.  We knew both the parents and their kids quite well.  God granted us a miracle that year.  As the topic of children came up my wife said to the other ladies that she couldn't have children.  By my Lord's grace we found out that she was pregnant the very next week.  So in short, while my wife's tongue had professed what the tests and doctors had drilled in to her head, at that very moment life was growing inside her.  For me, every life is beautiful.




Erin McGinnis is the Media Arts and Services Coordinator for LHF.


No comments:

Post a Comment