Pages

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Live from Fuller Seminary with Brother Ben, Day 5

We concluded the final day of this class with the last few verses of Haggai 2:20-23, The Problem of Power.

Are you facing a work situation in which you feel inadequate or afraid? Perhaps this was the consensus of Haggai. If we allow ourselves the value that God places on us
as His children then we are:
-overwhelmed with extreme confidence, and
-we recognize the affirmation as in scripture, "I have chosen you!"

Receiving God's empowerment means...that we shall be convicted that God is greater than all the obstacles we face.

Verse 23 provides us with a glimpse of our identity formation. It provides the "Who we are" and the "whose we are."
-"I will take you...I will make you like my signet ring."
-"I have chosen you...my servant."

Who we believe God to be
determines
Who we become
determines
Who we think others are
determines
What we do...How we live...
What we live for...Why we do stuff.

I hope that you join me in a reflection time asking these questions:
-God, who are you...to me?
-What are the assumptions I take for granted about myself?
-God what do you want to tell me?

The morning on Friday was a wrap-up of the entire week where we make this conclusion:
The church is the social movement of the Spirit for the sake of the Kingdom.

It is my hope that as I have been able to share this week with you each these ideas of organizational dynamics and structure,
that you will witness Living Hope Fellowship to grow stronger in its leadership and empowerment of others for Christ.

Rev. Ben Bright is the Logistics & Administration Pastor for LHF.

No comments:

Post a Comment