Pages

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Live from Fuller Seminary with Brother Ben, Day 3

Wednesday, February 8

Today's devotional and substance for though came again form the Book of Haggai 2:1-9. It's an interesting book, that I confess, I don't read often. It contains a lot of meat for thought especially in the case with dealing with organizational development. It was our spiritual formation for today.

After you read these passages, try like I was instructed to write a prayer to God. Here's mine:

O Lord, your splendor is matchless
and your glory shines even in a world dark with despair and ruins.

Lord: grant to me the power of your presence to transform the old into new,
ashes to beauty,
and misfortune with hope.

Lord: I mock your ability to provide resources in my life and my church
that shows little faith and security in you.

Change me, Lord! Change my heart-song! Change my attitude to see that you are always
with me and can provide my greatnest needs and resources.

My hands are willing to work for your Kingdom. AMEN


Have you ever taken the opportunity to take scripture and apply it like this to your life. Give it a try sometime. It will open up your senses and validate points of God's interest in your own life.

Today primary study was invloving organizational systems. We spent much time writing and analyzing
vision and mission. I attempted to put into perspective LHF's mission statement into context of what we are
doing in mission. Mission is what God calls us to do in order to accomplish the vision. Mission provides boundaries for decision-making, inspires ministry unity, encourages helpful change and shapes the ministry's strategies.

The LHF mission is to reach the community and beyond incarnationally with the message of hope and purpose.

It is very streamlined but packed with a punch. It examines where we will go, especially going local and global.
It measures the extent of how we, as Christians and at LHF want the community to view us by being incarnational agents of Jesus Christ.
It provides the result of discipleship and service that is found in the message of God's hope and purpose for our lives.
Overall, it stimulates our being called into transforming hearts for Jesus and being Kingdom-builders.

I believe that much of our efforts due to our owns admissions and culture/societial threats have caused some of LHF attenders to move in and move out of our realm (being fluid) to view the Church as a product to be consumed instead of a fellowship of transformed believers.

We closed the day with analyzing ministry planning and strategy in context of reality: Internal (strengths and weaknesses) and External (opportunities and threats).

Let's be interactive and chat. Tell me what you think!

See you on the journey,
Ben

Rev. Ben Bright is the Logistics and Administration Pastor of LHF

1 comment: