Pages

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Live from Fuller Seminary with Brother Ben, Day 1 & 2

Note: Pastor Ben is currently studying online for a Master's Degree in Theological Studies at Fuller Seminary in California. Twice a year he travels to the seminary campus for an intensive seminar-based training as part of the coursework.

The journey to California was an all day affair, but I survived thanks to all your prayers and strength. I promised myself I would send updates everyday live from Fuller Seminary in Pasadena, CA.

The weather is gorgeous and comfortable here. Flowers are still blooming and there is no sign of winter to be found.

Day 1 and Day 2 are combined because of a delay of our wireless access to the outside world.

The educational seminar dealing with Organizational Dynamics is phenomenal. The beginning day laid the groundwork for what we will accomplish during this course. I am in a Cohort with 14 others from around the globe. It is international at its best and a wide spectrum of ideas are generated from their existing experiences.

Today, Day 2 was begun with a devotion regarding Haggai 1:1-15. The devotional called each one of us to self-examination, a concern for vision, a present visual of the Biblical Era that Haggai engaged as he identified with the people. Read with me about the re-building of the Temple and the description that the people offered in its long awaited, anticipated process. Perhaps do you see that Haggai engaged with other consultants along the way to help interpret God's actions?

Later, we each individually dissected our own ministry context, which for me is Living Hope Fellowship. When asked to describe our organization I responded: "A service-driven Christian organization that hopes to disciple others to grow, connect and serve the Lord." (Sound familiar?) I reported that service was a key component of the essence of our community of faith. The third question was this: What aspects, if were lost, would cause your organization to not be what it is meant to be? My response: Love that is unconditional and grace that abounds.

Today has been a rewarding and spirit-fed day for me. My question to our church is: Is this the way you see it? I welcome your comments and dialog. The day closed with a concentration on mission and vision and their definitions in respect to faith assumptions or organizational dynamics. I'll simplify later when I return home. Can you name the vision of LHF? Let me know, I'm interested.

See you along the journey,
Ben

Rev. Ben Bright is the Logistics & Administration Pastor for LHF.

No comments:

Post a Comment