Pages

Monday, October 8, 2012

My Morning Coffee

I think if I wake up and don't have the money to buy my grande white chocolate macadamia nut frappecino
I may possibly not be passing any of my college classes. As a student with two jobs I have a quite busy schedule (especially when the Marine Corps sends out surprise study assignments). But for some reason, no matter how bad I feel at 0700 in the morning, everyday I always feel better after making my morning trip to the coffee shop.

In Matthew 6:11 Jesus states "give us this day our daily bread". (They didn't have coffee back then).

But I don't think Jesus was speaking literally here when he says this. Jesus is praying that God will give him his daily "wake up call" to open his eyes to the glory that he has awaken to. One important thing to note is that in order for Jesus to receive his daily bread he had to pray for it, which is one thing that is reflected into our life. We as Christians also have to pray for our daily bread in order to receive it.
Psalm 118:24 says "this is the day that The Lord has made; so rejoice and be glad in it". So ask yourself, how are you treating each day? Is it a blessing? Do you wake up excited, rejoicing, dancing, and overwhelmed with the glory of God? If not take some time out each day to pray for your daily bread (or coffee) and let God give you the "caffeine" boost you need to jump start your day.

Gerald D. Salzarulo is the Worship Leader and Youth Leader for LHF.

No comments:

Post a Comment