Pages

Sunday, May 20, 2012

12 years of Marriage: hiking down life's path

<p>For richer or poorer, in sickness and in health; the words echoed in my head.&nbsp; It has been 12 years since my wife and I exchanged our vows.&nbsp; It seems like just yesterday; I can describe that in vivid detail.&nbsp; </p>
<p>Now we have share of up and Downs along the way.  Each little step along our path led us back to helping build God's church in East Texas.  I am not the same man that stood before family and friends 12 years ago.  I am stronger in my faith, taking leadership roles, and yes lost some hair along the way. 

We are God's creations, pieces of clay that the Lord never stops molding or refining.  Only the Lord knows what tomorrow brings.  But I know He has given me a helper along the way.  If look at Scripture; the first part of Ecclesiastes 9:9 " Enjoy life with your wife, whom you love, all these days of meaningless life that God has given you under the sun." (NIV).  Also in Proverbs 3: 5,6 " Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him.  And He will make paths straight. "

In closing thanks to wife for 12 blessed years full of experience and real life.

No comments:

Post a Comment