Pages

Monday, November 5, 2012

Just Between You, Me, & God 11/5/2012

As a kid I loved going to Six Flags Over Texas. They had a great variety of rides, from things that went round and round and then the bottom fell out, to river rides where you never knew what was around the next bend, to roller coasters that went fast and slow and up and down while taking hair pin corners. There was also rides like the carousel that went around and around but nothing exciting ever happened or the Spelunker Cave that lazily floated along a relaxing stream in cool comfort with no surprises. I was thinking about my Christian walk over my lifetime the other day and couldn't help but notice the similarity at different times between that and the rides at an amusement park. There have been times when it seemed like I was in a whirl wind being swept around in circles and the ground was falling away from under my feet. That was when I felt far from God and there seemed to be no answer to my prayers and pleas. There were times of excitement when I couldn't wait to see what God was going to do next in my life. There are times when I seem to be struggling just to get up the hill and then God makes things move so quickly and change direction in an instant and you get so excited you can't catch your breath. Sometimes I feel kind of stuck, just going around and around in a circle, not making any real progress and I know that I need to spend more study time with God in His Word. Then there is always worship time when I feel so relaxed and open. It is a time of comfort, like being held by my Savior as I tell Him how much I love Him and appreciate everything He has done for me. No matter what is going on, how long it last, or how up or down I feel, I know that I am not alone and that whatever happens, it is God’s perfect will that counts and not my own finite expectations. Philippians 4:4-7 tells it like it should be, “Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” What is your walk like and are you willing to let go and let God?
God bless, Dean Hanssen

No comments:

Post a Comment