Pages

Monday, July 23, 2012

Just Between You, Me, & God 7/23/2012

I used to belong to a procrastinators club but I could never make the meetings. There was always something else coming up that I needed to do. I’m still waiting for them to refund my dues to me. It’s easy to put things off. For instance, I wanted to mow the yard this afternoon so I wouldn’t have to use so much of my day off tomorrow doing it but it’s still pretty hot outside and it’s cool inside and I can sit in my chair while I write so, I’m writing. Maybe it will be cooler outside tomorrow. We all put things off that we need to do every day. Some are rather insignificant, like mowing the yard, or one of those “honey do” things, or starting that exercise thing or diet. There is a difference between procrastination and good timing, I’ve tried to tell Jeannie that a lot of mine is good timing but she just won’t buy it. Procrastination is just putting something off because you don’t want to do it for whatever reason. Good timing though comes from experience, good observation, and uncommon wisdom. Jesus had good timing. How much more experience do you need if you were around when everything was created. John 1:3 reminds us that, “Through Him all things were made; without Him nothing was made that has been made.” Experience gives you a certain confidence that can be observed by those around you because you instinctively know how things work and what’s going to happen next, if you do this, then this will happen. Jesus observed our human condition and the fact that we are like lost sheep. Matthew 9:36, tells us, “When He saw the crowds, He had compassion on them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd.” Jesus teaches us to be good observers by observing Him and how He relates to other. Jesus, of course, represents the wisdom of the ages. 1 Corinthians 1:25 tells us, “For the foolishness of God is wiser than man’s wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than man’s strength.” With this in mind, here is one thing that you cannot put off any longer, accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior. This is a limited time offer that expires with your last breath. Don't let this pass you by, there is nothing more important on your things to do list today than to accept Jesus. Let's take care of this right now. Jesus, I know that I am a sinner. I accept You as my Savior and I want to change from who I am to who You want me to be. Forgive me of my sins, mold me in Your image, and help me to share this Good News with others today, amen. God bless you, and 1000 years from now let's gather around Christ table and share this experience. Pastor Dean

Pastor Dean Hanssen is the Ministries & Outreach Pastor for LHF.

No comments:

Post a Comment