Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Just Between You, Me, & God 1/31/2012

It is an awesome responsibility to be a Dad. There are still a lot of great Fathers around today, but in a world that tends to feed on the negative, they don’t get much attention. It’s all about the relationship. The more we are involved in our kids lives, the better parent we will be. It is not intrusion knowing what is going on in your child’s life. It is caring, it is loving, it is being a good Father. If you’re not involved, someone one else will be, and you may not like the lessons they teach. Our Father, God, has a loving and involved relationship in our lives even though we often shun His efforts. His goal is for us to have an eternal relationship with Him. David is credited with writing in Psalm 139:7-10, “Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast.” The things my Dad taught me and instilled in me have guided me in life. No matter where I go or what I do; my work ethic, the way I treat my wife and my marriage, my children and grandchildren, and yes, my faith, my Dad has had a big influence on my life. My Mom had influences in other ways but without a male role model things could have been much different. Maybe your Dad wasn’t there for you like that, for whatever reason, you still have the same role model that David had in the Psalms. It is not too late to embrace your Heavenly Father and seek His guidance and advice in your life, it is not too late to become a Father to your own children and the leader of your family. The greatest legacy you can leave for your children and grandchildren is not one of material things, but a life of endearing relationships. Remember that when you die, the only thing that you can bring with you to Heaven is your family. Share your faith with them today and reap the benefit of eternal relationships with the Father of the Universe. God bless you for all you do.
Pastor Dean Hanssen
Outreach & Ministries Pastor

No comments:

Post a Comment