Pages

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Just Between You, Me, & God 9/18/2012

We just got back from a long weekend mini vacation on the beach near Galveston. We were the grateful guest of our Port Arthur connection cousins, Jennifer, her husband Ricky, their two adorable kids Amelia and Noah, and Jenn’s dad, Daddy Dave. Daddy Dave has been a spiritual anchor in my life for quite a while. He’s one of those guys whose faith is so strong that he cannot help but put you in a more spiritual frame of mind when you’re around him. I love walking on the beach by myself and just taking in God’s creation all around me. There has been a lot on my mind lately and I really needed to have some alone time with God to talk things over without interruptions. Sunday morning I got up early, fixed a pot of coffee and headed to the beach just as the sun was coming up. I walked and sipped my coffee with my head down and started a rather lengthy conversation with the Lord. The waves constantly rolled in with a calming relaxing rhythm. As I walked and talked on I could feel the presence of someone with me and their desire to join the conversation. He said, “Have you noticed that there is no longer a trace of those who were here before you? Can you see that even the mark that you have left is no longer visible? But the waves of the ocean have continued on since before any man walked on this Earth and they will continue long after you are gone. They are like my love for you and all mankind. I am constantly rolling over you’re self- impression, trying to get you to notice Me. I roll into your life depositing little blessing like the colorful shells that the waves leave behind. Sometimes I have to roll in like a storm, changing your life so that you might come back to me even if it is in a time of need. I am constantly trying to get you to embrace our relationship. I am glad you have taken the time to seek me out this morning and I hope you will do it more often. I am everywhere and in everything so don’t wait till you come to the beach.” I stopped and I watched for a while as the waves rolled over the sand and then rolled out leaving a new collection of little shells. I thought of how God has used little waves and tidal waves in my life to bring me back to Him and I had a clearer understanding of everything I had been praying about when I first started my walk. Take some time alone with God this week and see if you don’t start to see things a little more clearly.

Luke 24:28-32, As they approached the village to which they were going, Jesus acted if He were going farther. But they urged Him strongly, “Stay with us, for it is nearly evening; the day is almost over.” So He went in to stay with them. When He was at the table with them, He took bread, gave thanks, broke it and began to give it to them. Then their eyes were opened and they recognized him, and He disappeared from their sight. They asked each other “Were not our hearts burning within us while He talked with us on the road and opened the Scriptures to us?”

Go in peace and may the God of peace be with you, Pastor Dean

Pastor Dean Hanssen is the Outreach & Ministries Pastor for LHF.

No comments:

Post a Comment