Pages

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Just Between You, Me, & God 8/2/2012

Throughout different stages of our lives there are people that come along and influence us in what we think, how we act, and how we relate to others. I’ve had many in my life. There was a Sunday School teacher when I was in the first or second grade, Mrs. Nelson, who taught me that no matter how old you are you can relate to and have fun with children and age is not a barrier to learning. There was my Boy Scout leader, Mr. Charlie Johnson, who taught me that we are all good a different things and that when we work together we are stronger than when we stand alone. My first real job bosses were Jack and Peggy Waldie who taught me to take pride in my work no matter what I was doing, that others depended on me and what I did, and that hard work was not just what you did when others were watching. There were others including family members, peers, clergy, and different parents. Often we grow up and feel like we know it all, that we no longer need guidance or influence by others but that’s just not true. We are constantly influenced by others every day. Why do you drive the car you do or wear the clothes you do? Because an advertiser influenced you by the way they presented the product. In my adult years, which are now more than the years of my youth, there has been an individual that has been a beacon to me, drawing me in to my relationship with Christ through his relationship with Christ. David Bleakley, known to most as Daddy Dave, has been that influence in my life. His kind and gentle spirit has helped to sand down some of the sharp edges and burrs in my life. His desire to share Jesus with others through multiple ministries has helped to lead me into ministry. His faith and hope in the promises of Jesus Christ has given me peace and comfort at the loss of loved ones and during different trials in my life. His passion to help others and to share God’s love with them has encouraged me to serve the Lord by serving others. His love for family and the willingness to turn things over to God and His control has caused me to make amends and to rely on God’s will and plan and not my own desires. Daddy Dave’s life has not been perfect nor has it been without tragedy, hardship, and heartache, but it has not been his alone. He walks closely with his Lord, stays in His Word, and humbles himself to the authority of God in all situations. I hope that you have just such a mentor in your life that will lead you to the Lord through their thoughts, words, and deeds. Thank you Daddy Dave for loving Jesus and loving me, forever and ever. Pastor Dean 1 Corinthians 13:1-13.


Pastor Dean Hanssen is the Ministries & Outreach Pastor for LHF.

No comments:

Post a Comment